We can all use a metabolism boost once in a while. Sometimes we just feel sluggish or heavy and other times we’re ready to embark on a fitness routine and need a little “oomph” to get us going. Whatever the situation, these tips will help you kick-start your metabolism into its optimum point.
#1 – Eat little and often.
- When we eat overly large meals we slow our system down. This is because our digestive system is working overtime to digest all the extra food. Once your system is finished doing all that hard work, it simply wants to slow down and rest.
- It makes perfect sense then, that by eating small meals regularly throughout the day, you keep your system running at its optimum. Your body is better able to quickly and easily digest the smaller amount of food and will be ready to get to work once you eat again.
- By serving smaller portion sizes and adding a few regular snacks to your day, you can really boost your metabolism. Ensuring the meals and snacks are healthy and balanced will go a long way as well.
#2 – Drink green tea.
- Studies have shown that drinking green tea can boost the metabolism. Green tea is also full of antioxidants that are important to good health. So why not give it a try? It’s good for you and you can boost your metabolism on a regular basis.
#3 – Eat spicy foods.
- Spicy foods, similarly to green tea, can boost your metabolism. And you don’t need too much spice to put a kick in your system. By adding hot mustard and/or peppers to your sandwich at lunchtime and a little spice to your dinner, you can keep your metabolism at its best.
#4 – Start resistance training.
- Nothing boosts the metabolism faster than adding a few resistance exercises to your routine. By strength training, you burn more fat and boost your metabolism. This means that even twelve hours after your workout you will still be burning calories. Resistance training can make a huge impact on your metabolism.
- Start slowly and increase as you feel comfortable. Even just a few simple overall body routines performed three times a week can do the trick.